eLearning Childbirth Education
Education throughout your pregnancy reduces stress and helps you have a positive, healthy birth experience. Our online educational classes give you the information you need.
If you aren’t able to attend live classes due to bed rest, schedule conflicts, time constraints, or other personal situations, there’s an alternative. Online classes give you a complete education in a personalized format on your own computer at home.
eLearning Childbirth Education is a convenient web-based program.
It uses animated illustrations, videos and interactive activities to guide you through the basics. You’ll learn about childbirth, breastfeeding and caring for your baby. A childbirth education coordinator is available to answer your questions as they arise.
How do you begin?
- View a free demo of the program.
- Register online.
- After you register, you’ll be contacted via telephone to obtain payment information. Cost is $95 and includes access to the education module and program handbook. (If you choose to deliver your baby at a non-ProMedica hospital, add an additional $15 to the course cost.)
- Following receipt of your payment, you'll receive a program handbook and a code to access the class. Please call 419-291-5666 if you have any questions or if you haven’t received this information within two weeks of registering.
- After you register, enter your access code here.
- You’ll then have eight weeks to complete the education at your own pace.
Are there technical requirements? Yes. To access the eLearning system, you'll need high-speed internet access, and your computer will need the following system requirements:
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Approximately 512MB RAM
- 1Ghz processor (recommended)
If you’re not sure whether your system meets these technical requirements, contact your computer manufacturer.
Register for eLearning Childbirth Education.