Selecting a Hospital
The big day is drawing near. Where to go for your baby’s delivery?
You want the most experienced delivery team — and you don’t have to look far. Some of the most advanced birthing facilities in the region are found in our hospitals. In fact, nearly half of the babies born in Toledo are born at ProMedica Toledo Hospital, which is also home to a Level III perinatal unit.
Deciding where you want to bring your new life into the world involves a few important considerations.
What services will your team provide? No matter what time you go into labor, we’re ready. Obstetric and neonatal services, as well as anesthesiologists, are available. You have access to:
- Spacious labor, delivery, and postpartum rooms.
- Certified midwives.
- Maternal-fetal specialists for high risk pregnancies.
- Support groups.
How do you select the best possible hospital for you? Ask your doctor what factors you should consider. Think about the following as you look at your birthing options:
- Location matters. You may prefer a location close to your home for fast travel time when your labor begins.
- Consider special amenities. What are your personal needs? Do you have a preference for room size? Will your partner be staying the night?
- Remember high risk considerations. If you have a high risk pregnancy, your doctor will advise you to go to ProMedica Toledo Hospital, which is equipped with a Level III perinatal unit.
- Take a tour. Visit several facilities before you make a decision. Take your partner, mother, or a trusted friend, if you want advice. A personal look around will help you determine which one best fits your needs and makes you as comfortable as possible when the big day arrives.