Quality of Care
You want the best orthopaedic care available to you. ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital is a division of our award-winning ProMedica Toledo Hospital. Expect the same superior quality of care at northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan’s first orthopaedic hospital specializing in bone and joint care, sports medicine, rehabilitation, casting, radiology, and lab tests.
You’ll be happy to know when you choose ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, you’ll directly benefit from these outstanding recognitions:
- 1st Hospital in Lucas County certified in hip and knee replacement surgery by The Joint Commission (Dec. 2016)
- 2016 Healthgrades Top 100 Hospitals for Joint Replacement
- 2018 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award® recognizes
top-performing health care organizations that have consistently achieved the 95th
percentile or above of performance in Physician Engagement.
- Blue Distinction Center for Spine/Hip/Knee Care®. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Exemplary commitment to quality spine, hip and knee care*.
- Beacon of Excellence for Physician Engagement. Press Ganey.
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™. Healthgrades, 2018. Top 10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for their excellent performance in safeguarding patients from serious, potentially preventable complications during their hospital stays. The recognition includes ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, a division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- NICHE designated hospital. NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) is the leading nurse driven program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults.
* Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for facilities located in its own service area; for details, contact your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Each facility’s cost of care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Facilities in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BDC+ national criteria. National criteria for BDC and BDC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may vary. For details on a provider’s in-network status or your own policy’s coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.