Quality of Care
You want a hospital that cares enough about your health to achieve the health industry’s highest accreditations and accolades.
We’re one of the 100 best hospitals in the nation! Healthgrades recognized us this year as an America's 100 Best Hospital. ProMedica Toledo Hospital has also been a proud recipient of the distinguished top 5 percent Healthgrades award. We’re the only hospital in Ohio awarded the Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™ for three years in a row (2013 – 2015).
In 2015, we also received the following recognitions from Healthgrades:
- 5-Star Rating for Colorectal Surgeries
- 5-Star Rating for Coronary Bypass Surgery
- 5-Star Rating for Esophageal and Stomach Surgeries
- 5-Star Rating for Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- 5-Star Rating for Neurosurgery
- 5-Star Rating for Small Intestine Surgeries
- 5-Star Rating for Valve Surgery
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Heart Attack
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pancreatitis
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pneumonia
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Respiratory Failure
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Sepsis
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Stroke
- 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Award
- 100 Best Cardiac Care Award
- 100 Best Gastrointestinal Care Award
- 100 Best General Surgery Award
- 100 Best Pulmonary Care Award
- 100 Best Stroke Care Award
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award
- Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- Gastrointestinal Excellence Award
- General Surgery Excellence Award
- Neurosciences Excellence Award
- Neurosurgery Excellence Award
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- Stroke Care Excellence Award
More Awards and Accreditations
- Gold-Plus Quality Achievement for Stroke. Get With the Guidelines.
- 100 Hospitals with Great Women’s Health Programs. Beckers, 2014. Hospitals selected offer exceptional health services for women, like gynecology, obstetrics, heart care focused on women and cancer care focused for women, among other women's health needs.
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ Healthgrades, 2014. Top 10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for their excellent performance in safeguarding patients from serious, potentially preventable complications during their hospital stays. The recognition includes ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, a division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Outstanding Achievement Award. American College of Surgeons, 2013. ProMedica Cancer Institute. Recognizes cancer programs that demonstrate excellence and commitment to high quality cancer care.
- Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence™. Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation. The first — and only — hospital in Ohio to earn this cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention accreditation. One of only one percent of cardiac cath labs in the United States awarded ACE accreditation.
- Level I Trauma Center. Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. Recognizes ProMedica Toledo Hospital’s dedication to providing optimal care for injured patients.
- Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award. Get With The Guidelines® award for implementing specific quality improvement stroke treatment measures outlined by the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association.
- American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. ProMedica Toledo Hospital Breast Care Center meets the highest standards of the radiology profession and has a three-year term of accreditation for mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound, and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.
- Chest Pain Center. Society of Chest Pain Centers. An elite distinction of expertise and commitment to emergency cardiac care.
- Gold Seal of Approval. Joint Commission. Hospital and behavioral health accredited programs for organizations committed to quality.
- Gold Card provider. Cenpatico Managed Care Company, 2009. One of only nine hospitals in the U.S. awarded for excellent psychiatric services.
- Institutes of Quality Bariatric Surgery Facility. Aetna Institutes of Quality Bariatric Surgery Network, 2009. Clinical performance and overall value as a facility.
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Exemplary commitment to quality cardiac care.
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine accreditation. 2009. Maternal-fetal Medicine, the only program in Toledo to hold this elite distinction.
- NICHE designated hospital. NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) is the leading nurse driven program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults.
- Consumer Choice Award. Winner in our Greater Toledo area for 15 consecutive years. The only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Easy-to-read, simple-to-find information helps you make informed health decisions. See how we compare against national averages.
Select from these ProMedica Toledo Hospital Quality Reports: