Quality of Care
You want a hospital that cares enough about your health to achieve the health industry’s highest accreditations and accolades.
We’re one of the 50 best hospitals in the nation! For 2019, Healthgrades named ProMedica Toledo Hospital one of the 50 Best Hospitals in the nation for clinical excellence - for the second year in a row! In the three years prior, (2015 - 2017), Healthgrades has recognized us as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals. ProMedica Toledo Hospital has also been a proud recipient of the distinguished top 5 percent Healthgrades award. We’re the only hospital in Ohio awarded the Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence™ for five years years in a row (2013 – 2018).
2019 Clinical Achievement Award Presentation
In 2019, we also received the following recognitions from Healthgrades:
- 100 Best Cardiac Care Award for 7 Years in a Row (2013-2019)
- 100 Best Coronoary Intervention Award in 2019
- 100 Best Joint Replacement Award for 4 Years in a Row (2016-2019)
- 100 Best Pulmonary Care Award for 5 Years in a Row (2015-2019)
- 100 Best Gastrointestinal Care Award for 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- 100 Best General Surgery Award for 2019
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award
- Critical Care Excellence Award
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award
- Neurosciences Excellence Award
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies
More Awards and Accreditations
- 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, Truven Health Analytics™, an IBM company. This ranking puts ProMedica Toledo Hospital in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for cardiovascular outcomes.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center certified. ProMedica Toledo Hospital is the first hospital in the area – and one of
the first in the country – to achieve this highest level of stroke
certification from The Joint Commission and American Heart Association/American
- 100 Hospitals with Great Women’s Health Programs. Beckers, 2018. Hospitals selected offer exceptional health services for women, like gynecology, obstetrics, heart care focused on women and cancer care focused for women, among other women's health needs.
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™, Healthgrades, 2018. Top 10 percent of all hospitals evaluated for their excellent performance in safeguarding patients from serious, potentially preventable complications during their hospital stays. The recognition includes ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, a division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, American College of Surgeons, 2018. ProMedica Cancer Institute. Recognizes cancer programs that demonstrate excellence and commitment to high quality cancer care.
- Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence™, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation. The first — and only — hospital in Ohio to earn this cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention accreditation. One of only one percent of cardiac cath labs in the United States awarded ACE accreditation.
- Level I Trauma Center. Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. Recognizes ProMedica Toledo Hospital’s dedication to providing optimal care for injured patients.
- Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award. Get With The Guidelines® award for implementing specific quality improvement stroke treatment measures outlined by the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association.
- American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. ProMedica Toledo Hospital Breast Care Center meets the highest standards of the radiology profession and has a three-year term of accreditation for mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound, and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy.
- Chest Pain Center, Society of Chest Pain Centers. An elite distinction of expertise and commitment to emergency cardiac care.
- Gold Seal of Approval, Joint Commission. Hospital and behavioral health accredited programs for organizations committed to quality.
- Gold Card provider, Cenpatico Managed Care Company, 2018. One of only nine hospitals in the U.S. awarded for excellent psychiatric services.
- Institutes of Quality Bariatric Surgery Facility. Aetna Institutes of Quality Bariatric Surgery Network, 2018. Clinical performance and overall value as a facility.
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Exemplary commitment to quality cardiac care*.
- Blue Distinction Center for Spine/Hip/Knee Care®. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Exemplary commitment to quality spine, hip and knee care*.
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine accreditation. 2018. Maternal-fetal Medicine, the only program in Toledo to hold this elite distinction.
- NICHE designated hospital. NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) is the leading nurse driven program designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults.
- Consumer Choice Award. Winner in our Greater Toledo area for 17 consecutive years. The only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
* Blue Distinction Centers (BDC)
met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with
input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional
criteria for facilities located in its own service area; for details, contact
your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures
that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Each facility’s cost of
care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Facilities in CA, ID,
NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two
evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one
or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BDC+ national criteria. National
criteria for BDC and BDC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may
vary. For details on a provider’s in-network status or your own policy’s
coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an
appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans
are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting
from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received
from Blue Distinction or other providers.