Get your child back to doing what kids do. While injuries and illnesses cause physical setbacks, rehabilitation may be the way to restore your child’s day-to-day function.
At ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital, your child has access to an expert pediatric physiatrist whose goal is to work with occupational, physical, and speech therapists to improve or restore your child’s functional levels. These functional levels are based on age-appropriate developmental skills like:
- Activities of daily living
ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital offers acute and outpatient rehabilitation services for children from birth through age 18.
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
Inpatient Children’s Rehabilitation. Designated inpatient rooms and a therapy gym provide a child-friendly environment in which you and your child participate in his or her rehabilitation during your child’s stay.
Outpatient Children’s Rehabilitation. Often children participate in outpatient rehabilitation after receiving inpatient rehab. Some children only require outpatient rehabilitation services. ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital Total Rehab offers outpatient treatment in several outpatient clinics throughout the region.
ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital pediatric rehabilitation services include:
- Adaptive equipment modifications
- Augmentative communication
- Central auditory processing therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Computer and environmental accessibility
- Feeding and swallowing therapy
- Fine and gross motor training
- Infant massage
- Mobility training
- Neurodevelopmental therapy
- Sensory integration
- Speech and language therapy
- Splinting and casting
Our Multidisciplinary Pediatric Rehab Team
Our goal is to help your child regain previous levels of independence, as well as to collaborate and partner with the family in your child’s transition to home, outpatient services, and school re-entry.
Your child’s rehab team includes:
- A pediatric physiatrist, board-certified in both pediatrics and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Child life and education specialists.
- Social services.
To learn more about pediatric rehabilitation, please call 419-291-8370.