Pediatric critical care injuries demand swift, precise attention from a specialized team of highly trained professionals. Get the ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital advantage of intensive care services focused on pediatric patients, from infants through young adults.
Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) features:
- An 18-bed, supervised and supported unit for children with life-threatening conditions.
- A professional team of clinicians using the latest technology to care for critically ill children.
- A staff sensitive to children and their families.
- A team approach, including child and family in the healing process.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU):
- Is our region's largest (60 beds) Level III NICU caring for newborns who need intense medical attention.
- Is directed by in-house, board-certified neonatologists, doctors trained to care for infants.
- Features around-the-clock supervision and comprehensive care to critically ill newborns.
- Is staffed by a full complement of experienced health care professionals:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Clinical pharmacists
- Social workers
- Neonatal dietitian
- Breastfeeding specialist
The focus of our NICU is to meet the needs of your entire family.
Our staff is sensitive to the family and the developmental needs of the infant. NICU staff use a responsive and nurturing approach of developmentally appropriate care, teaming family members and health care professionals to respond to meet each infant's needs.
24/7 Physician Team
The NICU at ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital has a team of highly trained neonatologists and other neonatal medical specialists on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our expert team has been recognized at national and international levels, offering the highest-level of neonatal care right here in Toledo.
Meet our doctors
World Leader in NAVA Technology
ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital was the first hospital in the world to adopt the neurally adjusted ventilator assist (NAVA) system to treat newborns, and we continue to be a leader in its use. This technology that provides synchronized ventilatory support for infants and may help reduce lifelong damage to the lungs.
Learn more about NAVA
To reach our critical care services or NICU, call 419-291-8380.
Support the NICU
Give to the NICU Fund or Find Events
ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital Foundation raises funds to support the hospital’s NICU. Donations are used to improve technology and treatment areas and provide support programs for patients and families.