Critical Care/Newborn ICU
Pediatric critical care injuries demand swift, precise attention from a specialized team of highly trained professionals. Get the ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital, formerly ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital, advantage of intensive care services focused on pediatric patients, from infants through young adults.
Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
We know caregivers need help too. You’ll get:
- Is our region's largest (72 beds) Level III NICU caring for newborns who need intense medical attention.
- Is directed by in-house, board-certified neonatologists, doctors trained to care for infants.
- Features around-the-clock supervision and comprehensive care to critically ill newborns.
- Is staffed by a full complement of experienced health care professionals:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Clinical pharmacists
- Social workers
- Neonatal dietitian
- Breastfeeding specialist
Learn More About Our NICU Medical Team
ProMedica Russsell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital Campus
2142 N Cove Blvd
Toledo, OH 43606
Call us at (419) 291-8380
The focus of our NICU is to meet the needs of your entire family.
Our staff is sensitive to the family and the developmental needs of the infant. NICU staff use a responsive and nurturing approach of developmentally appropriate care, teaming family members and health care professionals to respond to meet each infant's needs.
24/7 Physician Team
The NICU at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital has a team of highly trained neonatologists and other neonatal medical specialists on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our expert team has been recognized at national and international levels, offering the highest-level of neonatal care right here in Toledo.
Meet our doctors
World Leader in NAVA Technology
ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital was the first hospital in the world to adopt the neurally adjusted ventilator assist (NAVA) system to treat newborns, and we continue to be a leader in its use. This technology that provides synchronized ventilatory support for infants and may help reduce lifelong damage to the lungs.
Learn more about NAVA
To reach our critical care services or NICU, call 419-291-8380.
Support the NICU
Give to the NICU Fund or Find Events
ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital Foundation raises funds to support the hospital’s NICU. Donations are used to improve technology and treatment areas and provide support programs for patients and families.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
At the center, you’ll benefit from a broad bank of expertise. Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- A 15-bed, supervised and supported unit for children with life-threatening conditions.
- A professional team of clinicians using the latest technology to care for critically ill children.
- A staff sensitive to children and their families.
- A team approach, including child and family in the healing process.
Awards and Accreditations
View more ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital awards and accreditations.