This is the level of asthma care you want for your child. Awarded the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for meeting national quality and safety standards for asthma disease care, ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital is dedicated to asthma diagnosis, treatment, and education excellence.
At home, at school, or in the community. You know that learning how to recognize and manage your child’s symptoms is essential. Children with asthma need adult caregivers, guardians, and family members who are educated about signs of asthma.
Our asthma education classes offer children and their parents / guardians, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other caregivers a two-hour course that helps you understand:
- The respiratory system.
- What makes asthma airways different from unaffected airways.
- What causes, or “triggers,” asthma attacks.
- Symptoms of an asthma attack.
- Controller medications used to prevent asthma attacks.
- The importance of having a personalized, written asthma self-management plan.
- Quick-relief medications used to treat asthma attacks.
- How to monitor asthma signs and symptoms.
- When to call a doctor.
Call us at 419-291-5474 or e-mail AsthmaEducation@promedica.org.