Volunteers provide many meaningful services at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital, formerly ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital. Most importantly, they connect to our patients and their loved ones. By volunteering, you give your time and talents to your neighbors, and gain a sense of purpose and fulfillment. We thank you.
Valuable services to which you may contribute:
- NICU Cuddler - Applications are not being accepted at this time.
- Child Life (Pediatrics)
- Advisory Councils
The manager of volunteer resources helps the volunteer select an assignment that will best meet his/her talents and interests during the personal interview process. Some department directors reserve the right to interview perspective volunteers and make the final decision about their placement.
Hospital Volunteer Requirements
All volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a PPD 2-step/T-Spot (Tuberculin), provided at no cost by ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Present proof of immunity tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis or Tdap
- Present proof of Flu immunization during the Flu season.
- Present proof of MMR immunization or a positive MMR Titer
Testing and immunizations may be provided by ProMedica Toledo Hospital free of charge.
Volunteer applicants must successfully complete the application process which includes the application, reference checks, interviews, background checks/fingerprinting and health requirements to receive an assignment.
You should also know:
- Unfortunately, we cannot handle short-term assignments. We encourage volunteers to meet our minimum service time commitment.
- We'll do our best to honor assignments you request. Understand that departments may not have open positions at the time of your application.
- Departments/managers may ask to interview prospective volunteers and make decisions about your best placement.
Steps to Volunteering
- First, complete our online volunteer application.
- If you do not have computer access, you may call us to request a volunteer application.
- We’ll review it and contact you upon approval.
- After your application is approved, we will contact you to set up an interview/orientation. At the interview/orientation, we will discuss open volunteer assignments and next steps.
- Once your assignment has been chosen, we will pair you with a either a department employee or seasoned volunteer for training in your assignment.
To learn more about our volunteering or request an application, call 419-291-3648 or send an email to Regina.Mapstone@ProMedica.org.
Our ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children’s Hospital and ProMedica Toledo Hospital Auxiliary
Our auxiliary is a group of dedicated individuals who volunteer for special events, fundraising, and projects that support our hospitals' health and wellness mission. Consider joining us!
For more information about our auxiliary, call 419-291-3775.