Redefining Health Care
When most people think of health care, they tend to think of clinical and medical care. Yet this only accounts for 20% of a person's health and well-being. The other 80% includes the social determinants of health (SDOH) – physical environment, social and economic factors, and health behaviors – that impact health.
At ProMedica, we believe that understanding and addressing SDOH offers the nation an opportunity to reshape and redefine the healthcare delivery model by improving health outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
Building a Network of Partners
For more than 10 years, ProMedica has been a national pioneer and leader in SDOH thought, innovation and action. Critical to our efforts has been a strong base of private and public sector support and collaboration. And, we’re looking to expand our network by engaging individuals and organizations who are passionate about flipping the focus of health care, redefining our national health care delivery system, and equalizing health disparities.
In fact, there has never been a more important time to get involved. Improving health and well-being is at a critical junction … and a new national model of intervention is emerging. The hope for changing lives and reforming healthcare has never been brighter, and a new network of partners will be the key to success.
Here are a couple ways you can add your voice to the conversation and participate in the movement to reshape health care across the United States: