Before and After Your Visit
Before any ProMedica appointment:
- Take your insurance card to your appointment.
- Bring a complete list of your prescription and nonprescription medications.
- Arrange for assistance to get you home after your visit, if it’s required.
- Understand what to expect during your visit or procedure. Explore our Medical Services information for details about how to prepare for a specific procedure.
- Ask if you need to fast prior to your appointment, and if so, for how long.
- Know how to get there. For directions to ProMedica Hospitals, explore our locations. Or use Find a Doctor to search for your doctor’s address.
After your appointment, follow up and maintenance is key.
After your appointment:
- Arrange a follow-up appointment, if necessary.
- Fill any prescriptions given during your appointment.
- Keep possible side effects or symptoms in mind, and know when to contact your doctor.
- Make sure you understand your doctor’s instructions and follow them for the prescribed time.
- Ask for help and arrange for assistance. Lean on family and friends if you need them.