Surgery treats a variety of illnesses, conditions, and injuries having to do with cardiovascular illness, orthopaedic injury, colorectal condition, cancer disease, or another condition affecting you. Our doctors and surgeons work together to get you the best possible diagnosis, treatment options, and recovery plan.
The types of surgeries and surgical specialties are numerous, but some of the more common are:
- Balloon Sinuplasty opens inflamed sinus passages to flush out infected mucus and relieve sinus pressure.
- Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery alters the size of your stomach to promote significant, permanent weight loss. Find a surgeon.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery refers to a range of surgeries, including heart surgery, lung surgery, and any other surgery affecting the thorax (chest). Find a surgeon.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery treats conditions and disorders like diverticulitis, colon and rectal cancers, and hemorrhoids. Find a surgeon.
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngologic) Surgery corrects conditions like a deviated nasal septum, tonsillitis, and damaged eardrums. Find a surgeon.
- General Surgery treats a range of diseases including, but not limited to, those involving breasts, endocrine system, stomach, skin, and organs. Find a surgeon.
- Gynecological Surgery focuses on cancerous and noncancerous conditions of the female reproductive system. Find a surgeon.
- Neurosurgery treats disorders and conditions like brain cancer, spinal cord damage, and epilepsy that affect any part of your nervous system including your brain, spinal cord, and nerves.
- Ophthalmolic Surgery addresses disorders and conditions related to your eyelids, eye sockets, and tear drainage system, like eye tumors, droopy eyelid, and obstructed tear ducts.Check out ProMedica's opthalmology surgery locations
- Orthopaedic Surgery focuses on conditions of and injuries to your muscles, bones, and joints like osteoarthritis, torn ligaments, and growth problems. Find a surgeon.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery repairs and reconstructs damaged or injured parts of your body. It also includes cosmetic surgery to alter the appearance of the body. Find a surgeon.
- Podiatric Surgery treats diseases and conditions of the feet. This includes bunions, flat feet, and pinched nerves.
- Surgical Oncology treats cancer in your body by removing cancerous tumors and other growths. Find a surgeon.
- Trauma Surgery treats traumatic injuries to your neck, chest, abdomen, and extremities sustained in an emergency. Check out ProMedica's trauma surgery locations
- Urology focuses on the treatment of conditions and disorders of the male reproductive system (prostate, testicles, and penis) and the urinary system of males and females (kidneys, bladder, and urethra). Find a surgeon
- Vascular Surgery treats diseases and conditions of your arteries, veins, and lymphatic system. This includes clearing blockages, creating bypasses, and lymphedema. Find a surgeon.