For Clinical Instructors
Annual orientation is required for ALL clinical faculty coming to any ProMedica facility with a clinical group of students. Please contact Ericka.email@example.com to register for orientation.
The following MUST be accomplished prior to coming for the orientation:
- Please be sure the school has provided ProMedica with your health requirements and instructor school ID
- Print a copy of your license verification from the website and bring it with you
- Review the following items contained within this website:
- Student Orientation, For Clinical Students, For Clinical Instructors, EMR-iCare, and General Computer Orientation tabs to familiarize yourself with the content.
- Complete and fax the security ID request form (new instructors only).
- Bring your signed Pyxis/MedSelect/AcuDose and completed instructor info sheet form with you.
- Complete the clinical and core modules and sign the attestation form. Bring the signed form with you.
The following must be completed prior to taking students to the unit:
- Contact the site coordinator for additional site-specific requirements.
- Bay Park – Christy Stilwell (419-690-7668) – Fax – (419-697-6713)
- Bixby Hospital – Pat Myers (517-265-0476)
- Defiance Regional Hospital – Lindsay Bockelman (419-783-6942) – Fax (419-783-6904)
- Flower Hospital – Meeghan Davis (419-824-1127) – Fax (419-824-1761)
- Fostoria Community Hospital – Vanessa Billiot (419-436-6780) – Fax (419-436-6693)
- Herrick Hospital – Pat Myers (517-265-0476)
- Memorial Hospital – Rachel Ragle – (419-332-7321, ext. 3471) – Fax – (419-334-6691 – “attention Rachel”)
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Kris Cookson (419-897-8404) – Fax – (419-891-8034)
- Toledo Hospital – Jodi Bursztynski (419-291-3457) – Fax (419-291-6460)
- Toledo Children’s Hospital - Jodi Bursztynski (419-291-3457) – Fax (419-291-6460)
- Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital – Amanda Andres (419-578-7143) – Fax (419-534-6607)
- Meet with the Nurse Manager/Director to discuss unit standards, routines, and expectations.
- Shadow one or two shifts on the nursing unit. The amount of time needed for orientation is at the faculty’s discretion, but a minimum of 8 hours is required. (Only required the first time faculty is bringing students to a new unit)
- Note: Clinical instructors will orient students to the unit/hospital, so it is important for you to be comfortable in the environment.
- Use the Instructor Orientation Summary Form to document this orientation and forward to Ericka.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documentation must be submitted for each clinical group from the school:
- Student Demographic information (that includes health records) provided on one of the two forms below. MUST BE SUBMITTED TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF CLINICAL.
- ProMedica - Student Intake and Health Records Form -Group Format
- ProMedica - Student Intake and Health Records Form -Individual Format
The following documentation must be submitted for each clinical group to the facility’s staff development department:
- Student Orientation Documentation/ Attestation Form
- Student Glucose Meter Education Documentation Form
- Glucose Education Module included in the library below.
Browse the list below to view orientation files.