What’s it like to work at ProMedica? Watch the playlist above to hear about Our ProMedica from our employees and about the employment opportunities at ProMedica.
The ProMedica Culture
Our Mission is to improve your health and well-being.
A company mission should be more than just a slogan: It should be the starting place for every goal of an institution. At ProMedica, we strive to put our Mission—which is to improve the health and well-being of those whom we serve, including those who are the most vulnerable and least fortunate among us—into action every day.
Established in 1986, ProMedica is a locally-owned, non-for-profit healthcare organization serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Each year across our system, we manage 4.4 million patient encounters while earning local, regional and national distinctions for high-quality care. ProMedica’s facilities expand more than just our 11 acute care hospitals, including ProMedica Toledo Hospital and ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital. You have the opportunity to contribute to your community by working within our vast healthcare network. We serve patients, their families and our local communities through:
- ProMedica Physicians & Continuum Services is a network of more than 500 primary care, obstetrics and specialty providers. This network includes ProMedica Physicians as well as services such as rehabilitation, hospice, home health care, ambulatory care, senior care, radiology, laboratory, and pharmacy.
- Paramount Health Care is the largest health maintenance organization in northwest Ohio, and it maintains the highest standards of quality in services. Paramount currently holds Excellent Accreditation status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the Ohio Commercial HMO (Paramount Health Care) and Medicare (Paramount Elite) and products.
Our health system offers career opportunities in fields such as healthcare administration, operations, information technology, marketing and communications, and community education and outreach. We also offer a variety of fellowships and internships with ProMedica to college students and new graduates who are interested in pursuing careers in health care.
Whether you are just starting your career or you are a seasoned professional, you can meet your fullest potential with ProMedica. If you are a motivated, driven individual who is passionate about helping us work toward our mission, we look forward to having you join our team.
We are dedicated to providing a healthy environment for our patients, families and staff. That's why all ProMedica campuses and facilities are non-smoking. In addition, ProMedica has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
ProMedica Recognized as Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
ProMedica has been recognized as a Platinum Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program. Platinum is the highest level of recognition. Worksites across the country can be part of the Fit-Friendly initiative by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority. ProMedica is proud to be recognized as a Fit-Friendly Worksite for initiatives that include:
- Offering employees physical activity support.
- Providing/increasing healthy eating options at the worksite.
- Promoting a wellness culture.
- Implementing at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture.
- Demonstrating measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.
ProMedica Accredited as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard Organization
The CEO Roundtable on Cancer has accredited ProMedica with the CEO Cancer Gold Standard™, an employee wellness accreditation program that address cancer in the workplace. To earn Gold Standard accreditation, an employer must establish programs to reduce cancer risk by taking concrete actions in five key areas:
- Establishing policies and programs to reduce cancer risk by prohibiting tobacco use and supporting tobacco cessation efforts.
- Promoting physical activity, healthy nutrition and weight management.
- Providing health insurance options that include detecting cancer at its earliest stages, access to quality care and participation in cancer clinical trials.
- Promoting employee awareness of these initiatives.
- Supporting the needs of cancer survivors in the workplace.