Midlife Center for Women’s Health
The Midlife Center for Women’s Health at ProMedica Herrick Hospital specializes in care for peri-menopausal, menopausal, and post-menopausal women.
Our experts assess your whole health, history, symptoms, and risk factors. We work closely with you and your gynecologist to maximize your health, well-being, and quality of life through menopause and after. Together, we create a personalized plan that addresses your needs.
Midlife issues addressed at the Midlife Center for Women’s Health are:
- Pelvic pain
- Bone loss, osteopenia, osteoporosis
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Cardiovascular disease such as: hypertension, heart attack, and stroke
- Cancer such as: breast, skin, uterine, cervical, ovarian, and colon / rectal
- Sleep disturbances
- Depression, anxiety, mood disorders
- Vaginal changes, dryness, infections, tissue thinning
- Sexual dysfunction, decreased desire, pain with intercourse
- Urinary problems, frequency, incontinence
- Weight management, exercise, lifestyle changes
Additional services and assessments to further your midlife care include:
- Hormone replacement, including natural and bioidenticals
- In-office IV treatment for bone thinning (osteopenia) and osteoporosis
- Cancer and disease screenings
- Physical exam and assessment tailored to your symptoms and needs
- Dietary and nutritional counseling
- Weight reduction, support, and weight loss programs
- Lifestyle assessment and guidelines for change
- Sexuality treatment and counseling
Scheduling and insurance. Most insurance companies will allow you to see an OB/GYN without a referral. Coverage is based on your individual insurance carrier. Download our brochure, and take our menopause questionnaire to get a jumpstart on your treatment plan.
To make an appointment, call us at 517-424-3611.