Mental and Behavioral Health
As the largest provider of inpatient psychiatric care in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, ProMedica Flower Hospital offers comprehensive, confidential adult psychiatric services. Receive services in the comfort of your own home, as well as in our recognized inpatient psychiatric care program.
Our Psychiatric Services
Mental and behavioral health programs at ProMedica Flower Hospital include:
- Psychiatric and addiction emergency services
- Psychiatric and behavioral health programs
- Consultation services
- Crisis intervention
- Specialized schizophrenia treatment program and unit
- Psychiatric intensive care services
- Community education and support
- Psychiatric and addictions consultation and education
- Substance abuse / chemical dependency education
Adult Psychiatric Units
Inpatient treatment is available for both severe and persistent mental illness and acute care. You or your loved one will participate in tailored services in our confidential, safe, therapeutic environment. A team of psychiatrists, nurses, licensed social workers, and other mental health professionals give you intensive treatment and offer support to families and caregivers seven days a week.
Adult psychiatric services include:
- Psychiatric intensive care unit. Psychiatric intensive care is provided when your loved one requires intense psychiatric and medical services. The nursing staff continually observes patients, providing intensive services to meet intensive psychiatric / medical needs. The nursing staff ratios range from 1:1 to 1:3 on average.
- Psychiatric observation services. Psychiatric observation services are provided as an alternative to admission / readmission to the unit.
Call 419-824-1444 to connect with our services, and learn more about mental and behavioral health at ProMedica.
Patient Rights and Grievance Procedure
You’re guaranteed certain basic rights if you receive mental health services at ProMedica Flower Hospital, per the direction of the Ohio Department of Mental Health. You and your loved ones should know and understand these rights.
Download this brochure for more information.