ProMedica Goerlich Center
5320 Harroun Road
Sylvania, OH 43560
An Alzheimer's or dementia diagnosis is life-changing for you and your family. Get compassionate and safe care for all stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia at our ProMedica Goerlich Center.
Know your loved one is in good hands. Your family member will receive medically-supervised care day and night, specially designed for those suffering from memory loss. And, if at some point your loved one needs emergency care or other hospital services, we make the transition to ProMedica Flower Hospital easy.
The Goerlich Center provides quality care in a secure environment. Our dedicated professionals truly understand Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Staff trained in validation therapy.
- Dementia-certified licensed nurses who administer all medication.
- State-tested nursing assistants.
- High staff-to-patient ratio.
- Consistent care by a staff member with a permanent assignment to each resident.
- Cameras at all exits for added security.
- Medical director who is a board-certified neurologist.
- Dementia Practitioner Certification for many staff members.
Residents will enjoy a calming, familiar environment. Daily activities help slow the disease progression and manage the symptoms. The controlled environment with a regular routine gives your loved one a higher quality of life.
Take a virtual tour of ProMedica Goerlich Center.
- Curio cabinets outside each room for personal mementos, which orient residents
- Two enclosed, landscaped courtyards for safe outdoor enjoyment
- Gazebo and memory garden
- Glass enclosed bird aviary
- Large multipurpose room in each wing where residents enjoy meals, snacks and activities
- Spacious family room to gather with friends or relatives
- Wheelchair-accessible bus for off-site activities
- On-site beauty shop (additional fee)
Sometimes caregivers need support too. Join our support groups. Get information and resources. Understand Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Private consultations are also available.
Adult Day Care
Only need a bit of daily assistance? Our adult day care program gives you all of the center's regular day-time services, 365 days a year.
Your loved one benefits from:
- Meals and snacks, with accommodations for special dietary needs.
- Important social interaction.
- Assistance with personal maintenance such as showering (additional fee).
Call the Goerlich Center at 419-824-1250, and learn more about Alzheimer’s and dementia care at ProMedica.