Admissions and Discharge
You want to know what the process will be. From the time you arrive and even after you leave our hospital, you’ll get expert care, a comfortable environment, and helpful information so you can focus on what’s most important: getting and staying healthier.
Hospital Pricing Information
Hospital pricing and payment can be topics of concern for many patients. We at ProMedica are committed to communicating with you in advance so that you know what to expect when it comes to the cost of services. Our pricing specialist can review your insurance benefits for the services your doctor has ordered to provide you with an estimate of your final bill. We have provided hospital pricing for the most common healthcare services at Flower Hospital for your convenience. Because what you owe can vary due to your insurance and other factors, we encourage you to complete the patient pricing request form at the link below or call our hospital pricing hotline at 419-824-9015 to request estimated prices for specific tests or procedures at ProMedica.
Patient Pricing Request
What can you expect from the admissions process?
If you have a scheduled appointment, please arrive early to complete your paperwork. You can expect to:
- Sign consent and release forms authorizing hospital personnel to provide the services your doctor has requested for you.
- Get an identification band to ensure you receive proper medications and treatments.
- Be walked through the admissions process.
- Be given a gown to wear during your stay.
Where do you check in? In an emergency, use the emergency entrance. For scheduled procedures, use our main hospital entrance. We also have a separate entrance for our Outpatient Diagnostic Center. View our ProMedica Flower Hospital campus map.
How do you know when it’s time to leave? Our medical staff will help you recover as quickly as possible. When your doctor determines you're well enough to leave the hospital, you’ll get detailed discharge procedures. The exact time you leave depends on when your doctor writes your discharge orders.
What do you do when it’s time to leave?
- Tell your nurse if you need help arranging transportation.
- Since the hospital isn’t responsible for articles left in your room, make sure you have all of your personal belongings.
- Follow any instructions you’re given concerning follow up care and medications. If you don’t understand them, ask a nurse before you leave.
- If you require home health care, medical equipment, dialysis, specialized wound care, or hospice, we'll assist you in making arrangements. Learn more about continuing care services at ProMedica.
What about medications when you’re home? Our outpatient pharmacy is located on the first floor near the information desk and is open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. It’s closed on weekends and holidays. If you’re discharged during operating hours and would like your prescription filled, your nurse will send the order to the pharmacy, and you'll be able to pick it up as you leave. Provide your insurance card and date of birth. For more information, call 419-824-1644.