Quality of Care
You want to understand the true quality of care available to you. That’s why we provide easy-to-understand, transparent information to help you make educated decisions for all of your health care needs.
Awards and Accreditations
In 2015, ProMedica Flower Hospital received the following recognitions from Healthgrades:
- 5-Star Rating for Esophageal and Stomach Surgeries
- 5-Star Rating for Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Heart Attack
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Heart Failure
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pneumonia
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Respiratory Failure
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Sepsis
- 5-Star Rating for Treatment of Stroke
- 100 Best Pulmonary Care Award
- 100 Best Stroke Care
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- Stroke Care Excellence Award
We’re also proud of these additional awards and accreditations:
- 100 Great Community Hospitals. Beckers, 2014.
- ProMedica Cancer Institute Accreditation with Commendation. The ProMedica Cancer Institute was surveyed by the American College of Surgeons and received a full three-year accreditation in May 2013.
- Hospital Accreditation Program. Accredited by the Joint Commision for all services surveyed for these requirements on September 8, 2012, and valid for up to 36 months.
- Ohio Partnership for Excellence Gold Level Award. In 2006, 2008, 2011.
- Governor’s Award, Platinum Level. Recognized with this highest honor in Ohio from the Partnership of Excellence in 2012. Based on criteria of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, this achievement recognizes organizations that demonstrate, through commitment and practice, significant progress toward excellence.
- Gold Plus Status by Get with The Guidelines®. Accredited by the American Heart Association for meeting standards for patient care through evidenced based practice.
- Primary Stroke Center. Continues to pass the accreditation process defined by the Joint Commission. This designation recognizes our efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care.
Our quality reports compare ProMedica Flower Hospital’s care services to national averages. Results are shown in half-year increments over three years when possible.
View these ProMedica Flower Hospital Quality Reports: