Volunteers provide many meaningful services at ProMedica Flower Hospital, A Division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital, and through our hospital auxiliary. Most importantly, they connect to our patients and their loved ones. By volunteering, you give your time and talents to your neighbors, and gain a sense of purpose and fulfillment. We thank you.
Valuable services to which you may contribute:
- Greet patients as they arrive
- Escort patients, family members, and visitors within the hospital
- Clerical duties
- Information desk
- Deliver books and magazines to waiting rooms and lobbies
- Transport supplies
- Deliver incoming mail to patients
- Volunteer in the gift shop
- Pastoral care support
- Assist patient care staff
All volunteers must:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Provide parental / guardian consent, if you’re under 18 years old.
- Have a PPD 2-step (Tuberculin), provided at no cost by ProMedica Flower Hospital, A Division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital.
- Present proof of immunity for rubella, rubeola, mumps and varicella. We recommend, but don’t require, hepatitis B, tetanus/diphtheria or Tdap.
- Have a doctor certified form stating you’ve been examined within the past twelve months and determined to be in good physical, mental, and emotional health; that you’re free from communicable diseases; and that you’re able to perform normal volunteer duties associated with this assignment.
You should also know:
- Unfortunately, we are not equipped to handle short-term assignments. We encourage volunteers to meet our minimum time and service commitment.
- We’ll do our best to honor assignments you request. Understand that our departments may not have open positions at the time of your application.
- Departments / managers may ask to interview prospective volunteers and make decisions about your best placement.
Steps to Volunteering
ProMedica Flower Hospital, A Division of ProMedica Toledo Hospital, is currently accepting new volunteer applications! For further information, please contact the volunteer services department at 419-824-1019. Thank you for your interest!
- First, complete our online volunteer application.
- If you do not have computer access, you may call us to request a volunteer application.
- We’ll review it and contact you upon approval.
- After your application is approved, we will register you for our next mandatory hospital volunteer orientation. At the orientation, we will discuss open volunteer assignments.
- Once your assignment has been chosen, we will pair you with a either a department employee or seasoned volunteer for training in your assignment.
Consider a ProMedica Flower Hospital Auxiliary and/or Guild membership. Our members enhance the quality of services for patients and the community through a wide range of activities that support our hospital, ProMedica Goerlich Center, Rehabilitation Center, Hickman Cancer Center, and Ebeid Hospice Residence through:
- Fundraising and events
- Special projects
By offering your time and talents, you gain the sense of purpose and fulfillment that comes from giving back to your Sylvania, Ohio community. We appreciate your help.
Call the volunteer services department at 419-824-1019.