Our volunteers make a difference in people’s lives everyday. At ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital, you can connect with patients and their loved ones and make their experiences easier.
What volunteer opportunities are available? You can volunteer in the following areas:
- Beautiful Beginnings. The ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Auxiliary sends a mailing to new and expectant mothers. This includes advice and guidance for pregnancy, birth, and the first year of their child’s life.
- Coffee Cart. Hot specialty drinks and doughnuts are sold by our ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital Auxiliary from the coffee cart in our hospital lobby, Monday through Friday mornings.
- Gift Shop. The gift shop is located next to the main lobby and is staffed and run by volunteers. Open Monday through Friday.
- Information Desk. Direct visitors and answer questions from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Surgery Desk. Help check-in patients before their procedures, notify the families when they are needed, and help to transport patients to the entrance. The surgery desk is staffed Monday through Friday.
- Thrift Shop. We accept and sell used clothing, accessories, and home décor to raise funds for our ProMedica Regional Hospital Auxiliary projects and services.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities at ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital. Contact Gina Sheffel, volunteer and retail manager, at 419-783-6800 or at Gina.Sheffel@promedica.org.
Download our ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital volunteer application.