ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital provdes care for women at all stages of life. Get disease screenings, maternity care, childbirth and parenting education, and lactation consulting.
You have access to a variety of diagnostic services including:
- Breast mammography and ultrasound
- DEXA (bone density screenings)
- Breast MRI
ABUS (Automated Breast Ultrasound)
ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital offers Invenia ABUS screening technology for womens health and to the 40 percent of women who have dense breasts. Women with dense breasts have a four to six times greater risk of developing breast cancer compared to women who don't. In addition this density makes it more likely for lumps or masses to be missed with a standard mammogram. Unlike 2-D or 3-D mammography, which uses radiation, ABUS uses sound waves to create clear ultrasound 3-D images of the breast tissue. That way, radiologists can find cancers overlooked on a mammogram or standard ultrasound...or more quickly disregard false negatives. It gives the physician hundreds of additional pictures to review along with your mammogram results - helping to detect 35.7 percent more cancers in women with dense breasts than mammography alone.
You’re pregnant and want comprehensive care for you and your baby. ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital is dedicated to the medical needs and overall health of women in our community through a full range of diagnostic, childbirth and childbirth education services.
Where is the Birthing Center? The birthing center is located on the second floor of the hospital. It incorporates the latest technology in a luxurious, state-of-the-art setting. Our goal is to help you have the birth experience you want.
What services are available? Services offered include:
- Labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum suites that are beautifully furnished to offer you, your loved ones, and your new baby a comfortable, friendly environment
- Your choice of whether or not to use medications or an epidural during labor
- Operating room suite available for Cesarean birth
- Fully-equipped Level 1 nursery available to address a newborn’s basic needs when rooming with mom is not an option
- Experienced physicians and nurses to assist you with pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and/or new newborn needs
- A lactation consultant to provide additional support with the breastfeeding experience
Are the birthing suites private?
Yes. Our private birthing suites allow you to have a family-focused birthing experience. Our expert staff members do everything possible to anticipate and meet your desires and needs.
Childbirth Education Classes
This free five week program to help you prepare for your birthing experience, and what care baby will need after arriving.
- Warning signs of labor and stages of labor
- Knowing your options and creating a birth plan
- Unit tour of the birthing center
- Postpartum care of mom and baby