You’ve begun the survivorship phase of cancer care. You’re ready to move forward, do the things you love, and reconnect. Get the follow-up cancer care you need to ensure your health and well-being.
Follow-up Cancer Care at
ProMedica's Survivor Center
ProMedica Hickman Cancer Center
A Department of Toledo Hospital
Follow-up cancer care is essential because it:
- Identifies changes in your health.
- Recognizes metastasis.
- Detects cancer recurrence.
- Prevents and identifies other cancer types.
- Addresses ongoing side effects.
- Supports emotional adjustment.
Your oncologist helps you determine your best follow-up cancer treatment plan, including visits for:
Discuss with your oncologist concerns about:
- Symptoms that may indicate cancer’s return.
- Physical issues like bladder issues, sexual dysfunction, weight gain or loss, or sleep problems.
- Emotional changes like anxiety or depression.
- Memory or focus problems.
- Changes in your family medical history, specifically any new cancers.