You take your health seriously and so do we. You’ll get the full spectrum of women’s health services you expect at ProMedica Bixby Hospital.
The Birth Place
You’re pregnant and want comprehensive care for you and your baby. The Birth Place at ProMedica Bixby Hospital is dedicated to the medical needs and overall health of women in our community through a full range of diagnostic, childbirth and childbirth education services.
Where is The Birth Place? The Birth Place is located on the third floor of the hospital. It incorporates the latest technology in a luxurious, state-of-the art setting. Our goal is to help you have the birth experience you want.
What services are available? Services offered at The Birth Place include:
- 10 LDRP (labor / delivery / recovery / postpartum) suites beautifully furnished to offer you, your loved ones, and your new baby a comfortable, friendly environment
- Your choice of whether or not to use medications or an epidural during labor
- Three antepartum rooms designed for performing any type of monitoring / testing required during your pregnancy
- Operating room suite available for Cesarean birth
- Fully-equipped Level I nursery available to address a newborn’s basic needs when rooming with mom is not an option
- Experienced physicians and nurses to assist you with pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and/or newborn needs
- A lactation consultant on-site to provide additional support with the breastfeeding experience
Can you choose the type of delivery? You’ll get sensitive and experienced care the way you want it. ProMedica Bixby Hospital’s obstetricians and gynecologists and highly-trained nursing staff work closely with you and your family to ensure a happy, healthy pregnancy and the best possible birthing experience.
Are the birthing suites private? Yes. Our private birthing suites allow you to have a family-focused birthing experience. Our expert staff members do everything possible to anticipate and meet your desires and needs.
Call 517-265-0361 for information or to schedule an appointment.
Conception to Cradle Childbirth Education Classes
You have access to a full spectrum of childbirth and parenting classes. Prepare yourself, your spouse and your children for the new arrival.
Classes offered include:
- First Step helps moms have a healthier pregnancy. Classes are held individually with appointments to accommodate mom’s busy schedule.
- Second Step prepares mom and her support person(s) for labor and birth. Choose between a one-night or weekend option:
- One-Night Labor & Birth Basics covers basic information on labor and birth with discussion of available labor pain relieving options. Class is designed as a quick overview and only covers labor and birth. Cost is $10 per mom.
- Weekend Sessions are offered four times per year. If you’re interested in more detailed information than our labor and birth basics, you’ll find that the Weekend Session, with opportunities to practice labor pain relieving options, and instructions on new baby/new mom care, will best suit your needs. Cost is $75 per mom; includes snacks and lunch on Saturday.
- Sibling Class is for all big brothers and big sisters to-be. Class is FREE.
- Breastfeeding Class teaches you everything you need to know about breastfeeding. Cost is $10 per mom. Call 517-902-1979 to register. The lactation consultant is available, by appointment, at ProMedica Bixby Hospital to help you succeed at breastfeeding and to help with questions. Call 517-902-1979 for an appointment.
Don’t delay; you can begin taking classes in your first trimester. Registration is required for all classes. Call 517-265-0300 or e-mail email@example.com.