Bridge to Fitness
You want to do everything you can to stay well and be active, and we want to help you do that. Bridge to Fitness is a fitness education program designed to meet your needs by encouraging a commitment to physical activity.
Bridge to Fitness improves and enhances the quality of your life by providing a sense of physical and emotional well-being.
Bridge to Fitness is specifically offered for the following:
- People who’ve had or planning to have bariatric surgery.
- Cancer survivors
- People living with Diabetes.
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehab patients.
What does the Bridge to Fitness program offer?
- A mix of cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility activities that match your endurance level.
- Group classes with people who are at similar points in their health.
What are the benefits of Bridge to Fitness?
- Improve cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength.
- Reduce fatigue.
- Improve your ability to perform day-to-day activities.
- Improve your mood and decrease anxiety.
- Focus your energy on wellness.
- Decrease your risk of some cancers.
Bariatric Bridge to Fitness
ProMedica Weight Loss Surgery and ProMedica ForeverFit are proud to offer this program for bariatric patients, before and after surgery. The goal is to improve and enhance the quality of life by providing a sense of physical and emotional well-being. This is an eight week program, which you can continually register for.
- Aqua Robics- this is an aqua class that combines range of motion, toning, cardio, and stretching exercises
- Group Active- this is a land class that incorporates all elements of fitness that will increase your cardio fitness with the step, build your strength with dumbbells and improve your balance, core and flexibility.
Please call ProMedica ForeverFit at 419-539-0235 if you're interested in registering.
Phase 3 Cardiopulmonary Rehab Program
This program is designed to meet the special needs of patients transitioning from cardiac and pulmonary rehab to the next phase of their fitness journey. Sessions are open to all fitness levels and are tailored to meet your individual needs, allowing you to move at your own pace.
- Monday & Wednesday: 11:30 am -1:00 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 10:30 am-12:00 pm or 2:00 pm-3:30 pm
Please call ProMedica ForeverFit at 419-539-0235 if you're interested in registering. You will need a referral from your physician prior to participation.
Bridge to Fitness Locations
We know that wellness means more than healthy movement. That’s why we’re moving beyond an athletic club. ProMedica ForeverFit is a hub to learn, socialize and connect to a wide range of health and wellness services provided by the professionals of ProMedica
ProMedica Flower Hospital
Nestled in Sylvania, Flower Hospital’s orthopaedic experts perform top procedures and surgeries for your bone and joint health.
ProMedica Toledo Hospital
An established leader in advanced orthopaedic care, the experts at Toledo Hospital treat a full range of chronic and emergency orthopaedic diseases and disorders.
Joining the Bridge to Fitness Program
Are you ready for the classes? These exercise classes are open to patients of ProMedica Cancer Institute, ProMedica Toledo Hospital Weight Loss Surgery Center, and ProMedica Flower Hospital Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab programs, no matter your physical fitness level. Discuss your interest with your doctor.
How do I register? Speak to your doctor or call ProMedica ForeverFit at 419-539-0235. There is minimal cost to participate (typically less than $6 per session). Qualified participants pay nothing: call the club to find out more.
Need help first with your joint pain? Learn more about our orthopaedic services at ProMedica
Online Weight Loss Toolkit