With more than 15 surgical specialty areas of expertise, our surgeons are the most experienced in Toledo and our surrounding communities. We offer specialty surgeries at all of our hospitals across northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
Our team works closely with your doctor to give you the best possible diagnosis, treatment options and recovery plan. We provide our patients and their families with the highest level of care. Our knowledgeable and compassionate team is dedicated to providing innovative and advanced surgical care, close to home.
- Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery makes rapid, long-term weight loss a reality by changing the anatomy of your stomach and digestive system or by causing physiologic changes in your body that alter your energy balance and fat metabolism. Bariatric surgery has been shown to help improve or resolve many obesity-related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and more. ProMedica’s nationally accredited program has performed more successful surgeries than any other program in the area. Continue to learn more about weight loss surgery.
- Breast Surgery may be necessary or desired for a variety of reasons including the effects of cancer, back pain associated with large breasts or self-confidence issues related to breast size or shape. A variety of surgical options are available to address breast cancer concerns and cosmetic procedures. Continue to learn more about breast surgery.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery refers to a range of surgeries, including heart surgery, lung surgery and any other surgery affecting the thorax (chest). Our expert team provides minimally invasive options for heart surgery – including coronary artery bypass graft and valve surgery. As Toledo’s leader for heart surgery, our team performs more surgeries than anyone else. Meet our team. Continue to learn more about cardiothoracic surgery.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery treats conditions and disorders like diverticulitis, colon and rectal cancers, and hemorrhoids.
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngologic) Surgery provides medical care and treatment of conditions and diseases related to the ear, nose and throat as well as structures of the head and neck in adults and children. From seasonal allergies to sleep apnea, hearing loss to thyroid surgery, our team ensures that patients receive both comprehensive and high quality care.
- Gynecologic Surgery focuses on cancerous and noncancerous condition of the female reproductive system. Continue to learn more about gynecologic surgery.
- Hepatobiliary Surgery and Pancreatic Surgery is the treatment of benign and malignant diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas. Cysts, biliary strictures and bile duct injuries can also be treated. Minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgeries are common. Patients no longer have to leave Toledo for surgeries like minimally invasive liver resections or Whipple procedures for pancreatic cysts and tumors.
- Neurosurgery refers to the treatment of conditions affecting any portion of your nervous system, including your brain, spine, nerves and their supportive structures. Our physicians are highly specialized in providing operative and non-operative management of pain with special expertise in surgeries for brain tumors. Continue to learn more about neurological surgery.
- Ophthalmic Surgery addresses disorders and conditions related to your eyelids, eye sockets and tear drainage system, such as eye tumors, droopy eyelids and obstructed tear ducts. Specializing in services for the entire family from routine vision testing to laser vision-correction techniques and surgical procedures, we meet all of your eye care needs. Continue to learn more about ophthalmic surgery.