Pediatric services are provided for children from birth through age 21 to minimize disability and maximize independence. Our pediatric therapy team consists of occupational, physical and speech therapists, who work under the medical direction of a pediatric physiatrist and specialize in the treatment of children with congenital or acquired neurological, developmental or orthopaedic problems. Therapists facilitate improved motor, sensory and communication skills, and can assist with adaptive equipment needs.
Once a physician referral to ProMedica Total Rehab Pediatrics has been received, families are provided with an initial evaluation of their child’s strengths and areas that may benefit from therapy. An individualized plan of care is designed by the therapist in collaboration with the child’s physician and family. Because family participation is critical, Total Rehab also provides ongoing home therapy programs to supplement services received at one of our outpatient rehabilitation centers or the child’s school or daycare, based on the child’s specific need.
Specialty programs include:
- Augmentative communication including picture communication systems, language output systems and communication devices
- Central auditory processing
- Cleft Lip/Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies
- Computer accessibility
- Environmental accessibility
- Feeding and swallowing
- Infant massage
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Neurodevelopmental therapy (NDT)
- Sensory integrative therapy (SI)
- Toy and equipment modification
- Videofluoroscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (VFSS)
- Vital Stim Therapy
Rehab Facility Designed for Children
Total Rehab pediatric services for the Metro-Toledo area are available in one convenient location. The site provides occupational, speech and physical therapy services for infants, children and adolescents with congenital or acquired neurological, developmental or orthopedic issues. Therapists will facilitate improved motor, sensory, feeding and communication skills for the promotion of independence.
Our 7,000+ sq. ft. space includes:
- 12 private therapy rooms
- For those requiring a less distracting environment, several private treatment areas with observation windows are available
3 separate gyms include:
- The sensory gym is designed for children with sensory processing difficulties
- The gross motor gym is designed for children with sensory, physical, cognitive and/or communicative disabilities and features an adaptive climbing wall
- The developmental gym is utilized by our youngest patients with general developmental delays
For a Total Rehab Pediatrics location near you, call 877-4ALL-REHAB (877-425-5734).