Pediatric services are provided for children from birth through age 21 to minimize disability and maximize independence. Our pediatric therapy team consists of occupational, physical and speech therapists, who work under the medical direction of a pediatric physiatrist and specialize in the treatment of children with congenital or acquired neurological, developmental or orthopedic problems.
How are pediatric conditions diagnosed and treated?
Once a physician referral to ProMedica Total Rehab Pediatrics has been received, families are provided with an initial evaluation of their child’s skill set. An individualized plan of care is then designed by the therapist in collaboration with the child’s physician and family to maximize the child’s independence.
- Talk to your physician to determine if this treatment is right for you.
- A physician referral is required to begin rehab services.
- Many ProMedica Total Rehab locations offer pediatric physical, speech and occupational therapy.
How can ProMedica Total Rehab help you?
Our outpatient rehabilitation services are conveniently located right in your neighborhood. Call 877-4ALL-REHAB (877-425-5734) for information about locations and services.
Rehab Facility Designed for Children
Total Rehab Pediatric services for the Metro-Toledo area are available in one convenient location. The site provides occupational, speech and physical therapy services for infants, children and adolescents with congenital or acquired neurological, developmental or orthopedic issues. Therapists facilitate improved motor, sensory, feeding and communication skills for the promotion of independence.
Our 11,000+ sq. ft. space includes:
20 private therapy rooms
- Several private treatment areas with observation windows available for those requiring a less distracting environment.
4 separate gyms
- The sensory gym is designed for children with sensory processing difficulties.
- The gross motor gym is designed for children with sensory, physical, cognitive and/or communicative disabilities and features an adaptive climbing wall.
- The developmental gym is utilized by our youngest patients with general developmental delays.
For additional Total Rehab locations offering pediatric rehabilitation, call 877-4ALL-REHAB (877-425-5734).
Find a therapy location near you.