You want to heal your joints without invasive surgery. Regenerative joint-repair therapies use your own stem cells and blood growth factors to fix damaged bones and cartilage. Our experts perform a number of Regenexx® regenerative medicine procedures to correct orthopaedic conditions.
What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine is a same-day, nonsurgical adult stem cell procedure for treating common injuries and degenerative joint conditions. Stem cells are growth cells found naturally in the body. They can adapt to become almost any type of cell and can rejuvenate hard-to-repair tissues like cartilage.
During the procedure, we extract a small amount of whole marrow from the back of your hip bones. Stem cells are processed from the marrow and injected into the injured part of the body, sometimes on the same day. Typically a procedure takes one to three injections.
You go home the same day, and you’ll be able to resume light activity within a week. The full results of the procedures usually appear in one to three months.
What is Regenexx®?
The Regenexx® family of advanced regenerative medicine procedures offer breakthrough, non-surgical treatment options for individuals suffering from joint or bone pain, torn, or strained tendons and ligaments, degenerative conditions, or other common injuries. Regenexx® procedures offer viable alternatives for people with chronic pain who may be considering surgery.
Regenexx® procedures are currently used to treat the following orthopaedic conditions:
- Knee pain
- Hand pain
- Hip pain
- Back pain
- Ankle pain
- Shoulder pain
- Pain from non-union (non-healing) fractures
Procedures available through ProMedica include:
- Regenexx SD™ (Same Day) is a stem cell procedure that uses bone marrow from your hip. The stem cells are concentrated in a bedside machine, then enriched and injected into the damaged joint.
- Regenexx PL-Disc™ helps you avoid back surgery for herniated discs and the side effects of steroid treatments commonly used for spinal issues. The goal of the procedure is to use your own healing growth factors to reduce inflammation and heal or manage disc-related injuries. The outpatient procedure allows you to return to normal activity (as tolerated) immediately, does not damage important back muscles, and has few complications.
- Regenexx AD™ (Adipose Derived) treatment combines our traditional Regenexx SD™ procedure with stem cells taken from fatty tissue (adipose stem cells). This can be used to solve structural problems within the joint.
- Regenexx SCP™ (Super Concentrated Plasma) treatment gathers stem cells from your blood and uses them to repair damaged tissues.
With your doctor, you may also consider these alternatives:
- Platelet-Rich-Plasma (PRP) Therapy combines platelets and stem cells separated from your blood. These materials are then injected into the injury site to stimulate repair without causing blood clots.
- Regenexx PL (Platelet Lysate) treatment allows your doctor to concentrate all of the growth benefits to one area of your body. Our doctors create Regenexx PL by cracking open the platelets to allow all of the growth factors to be immediately available in a specific area of your body. This is especially useful for areas of the body where using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) may cause too much inflammation.
Call 419-578-7515 or submit our consultation form to find out more about which
procedure might be best for your condition.
Watch these videos to learn more.
Golf icon seeks treatment in Toledo
Medical Minute: Regenerative Medicine