Before Your Hyperbaric Therapy Session
It’s important to take special care with 100 percent pure oxygen treatment. Please take the following precautions before your hyperbaric oxygen therapy sessions:
- Remove watches, jewelry, hearing aids, and other prosthetic devices before your treatment session begins.
- Free your hair and skin of oil and alcohol-based products.
- Report an illness, like a cold or the flu, to our HBO staff. Treatment may need to be postponed until your symptoms subside.
- Since some medications change the body’s response to oxygen, provide the staff with a complete list of your prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- You may be required to take vitamin E (400 lU) 30 minutes before each treatment.
During treatment, you're asked to wear 100 percent cotton garments, which the hospital supplies.
Be sure to talk to your doctor about any other specific preparations you may need to make before your treatment.