When to Think about Hospice Care
Now is the best time to learn about hospice and ask questions about what to expect from hospice services. Although end of life care can be difficult to discuss, it is best for family members to share their wishes long before it becomes a concern. By having discussions in advance, patients can make educated decisions that includes the advice and input of family members and loved ones.
Many families tell us they wish they would have known about hospice sooner. Our caring staff is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We can help you understand hospice care, how to choose a service and how it can benefit and comfort you and your family.
Hospice provides physical, psychological, and spiritual care for people with a life expectancy of six months or less. The focus of hospice care is to ensure the highest quality of life for a person who has a life-limiting illness.
We serve patients right where they live: a private residence, assisted living facility, nursing facility, the hospital and in our facility, ProMedica Ebeid Hospice Residence.
Hospice Self-Assessment Quiz
See if hospice is right for you or a loved one by answering the questions below.
1) Have you or a loved one been to the emergency room or been hospitalized several times in the past six months?
2) Have you or a loved one been chronically ill and recently stopped curative treatment and want to focus on improving quality of life?
3) Have you or a loved on suffered for an extended period of time with an illness and no longer wish to continue with treatments or surgery?
4) Are you or a loved one experiencing persistent pain related to a life-limiting illness?
5) Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with an end stage or life-limiting illness?
6) Do you or a loved one wish to discontinue the use of IV's or tubes for feeding?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you or a loved one may benefit from services of hospice care. Please call us at 419-824-7400 to answer any questions you have about this important decision.