Since every person is unique, an appropriate treatment plan depends on an individual's personal needs and situation. We understand that each patient approached the end-of-life journey from a different starting point so we spend a considerable amount of time with the patient and family members to understand their particular needs so they can provide support and comfort in those areas.
In some cases, hospice care may be needed now - or it may be a consideration for the future.
One of the benefits of receiving care from ProMedica Hospice is that we provide compassionate, high quality, well-connected care that's close to home. So whether you already know what you need, or are just wondering where to begin, we'll connect you to the services that meet your unique situation.
Hospice Treatment Plans
Our hospice team takes the time to talk with you and your family to help you understand your illness and what options are appropriate. They make your wishes a priority to ensure you get the care you want and deserve.
Hospice care utilizes an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals and trained volunteers to focus on:
- Managing the patient's pain and symptoms
- Assisting the patient with emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual needs
- Providing needed medications, medical equipment and medical supplies
- Coaching the family on how to care for the patient
- Providing grief and loss support and counseling to family and friends
Which choice is right for you, right now?