Children and Adolescents
Childhood is a time of rapid physical, mental, and emotional change. So when your child’s behavior suddenly changes, how do you know if it’s just a phase or something more serious?
There’s a wide range of “normal” behavior among children. But when certain behaviors stray from what is normal for your child, or become persistent or severe, it’s worthwhile to take a deeper look at what’s happening.
Children and teens’ mental health concerns include a wide variety of conditions:
- Anxiety disorders: generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), separation anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Developmental disabilities: Autism, language, intellectual disabilities
- Behavioral conditions: ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), drug use, criminal activity, anger management
- Mood disorders: depression, bipolar disorder, self-harm
- Eating disorders: anorexia nervosa, binge eating, bulimia
- Substance disorders
- Suicidal behavior
An early, accurate diagnosis is vital to getting your child the right help and support.
Our mental and behavioral health care services are designed specifically for children and adolescents, including both inpatient and outpatient treatment options.
Talk to your child’s doctor, or contact a ProMedica behavioral health expert to get started.