Policies and Guidelines
Our goal is to give your child the best education possible. To keep your child healthy and safe, we have a number of guidelines and policies, including the following. For a full copy of our Parent Handbook, please call the Autism Early Learning Program at 419-291-7080.
Parental Involvement We encourage you to be an active participant in your child’s education through:
- Daily written correspondence from your child’s teaching staff.
- Home visits twice a year by education staff.
- Parent observations once a month. You’ll be invited to watch your child interact with staff. We may also observe your participation with your child.
Drop-off and Pick-up Drop-off and pick-up takes place at the main entrance. You’re responsible for getting your child to and from your vehicle. We do not provide transportation.
LunchThe full-day program includes time for lunch and one snack. The half-day program includes time for one snack. All full-day students are to bring a packed lunch every day. If your child has a medically-prescribed diet, please make advanced arrangements with our staff.
Illness Control We have an active infection control policy:
- If your child arrives sick or becomes sick during the day, he or she will be sent home. Sickness includes, but isn’t limited to, a temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit and above, and diarrhea or vomiting for any reason.
- Your child will wait with a staff member to be picked up in an area separate from other children.
- Your child may return after two full days of being symptom free, depending on the symptoms and treatment.
Emergency Policy Your child’s safety is our priority. In the event of an emergency, we’ll call you to pick up your child. If we can’t reach you after three attempts, we’ll call your two backup emergency contacts.
Contact us for a complete list of program policies.