Clinical Group Nursing Student Orientation
Nursing students (including ProMedica employees) at a ProMedica facility with a clinical group (instructor-led) are required to complete several elements of orientation which are listed here and repeated with greater detail later on this page.
- Complete online modules and documentation
- Core orientation module (annually)
- Clinical orientation module (annually)
- Error Prevention module (once prior to first clinical)
- Basic Computer Access and Use Module
- Secure your ProMedica ID badge
- Complete your EPIC training module(s)
Select the section below that matches your current status.
First time to a ProMedica facility?
Subsequent time within the current academic school year (August 1-July 31) to a ProMedica Facility?
- Print and sign the Student Attestation Form attesting that you have completed the orientation modules (within the current academic year), are familiar with the content, and agree to the confidentiality statements.
- This completes your requirements.
Subsequent time NOT within the current academic school year (August 1 – July31) since you were last at a ProMedica facility?
ProMedica Student ID Badge
- ProMedica Student ID badges must be worn and visible at all times while in a ProMedica facility.
- ID badge cost $10/student and will be valid for 2 ½ years during all approved ProMedica rotations until graduation.
- ProMedica student ID number will be printed on the back of the ID badge. This number will be used for access to various computer systems and locations within ProMedica as appropriate to your learning needs as a student.
- Information from your demographic data will be used to generate the ID badge. ID badges will NOT be available until 1 week after the student demographic/health record information has been received. We cannot generate your ID badge until the demographic information has been processed.
- Please contact your school clinical coordinator to identify when you may visit for your ProMedica ID badge.
- ID badges MUST be returned to where obtained (security/HR) upon completion of the last ProMedica learning experience in your program of study.
- Please complete and take the ProMedica ID Request Form when you go obtain your ID badge
- Please visit the appropriate security/HR location (see below) to have your picture taken and acquire your ID badge. You may visit the location most convenient to you, however please be aware that all locations outside of the Metro office will require you to return to pick up the badge at a later date.
- ProMedica Metro Toledo Hospitals: (Toledo, Wildwood, Bay Park, Flower)
- Toledo Hospital Security Office at 1956 W. Central Ave in Toledo, OH (419-291-5552)
- Times: 7:00- 11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon, Wed, Fri. and Call for appointments on other days.
- For faster service, please fax the ProMedica ID Request Form prior to going for ID badge (FAX: 419-480-6596)
- ProMedica Bixby and Herrick Hospitals
- Bixby Hospital at 818 Riverside Ave. Adrian, MI - Human Resources Department (517-265-0425)
- Times: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital
- Defiance Regional Hospital at 1200 Ralston Ave., Defiance, OH - Human Resources Department (419-783-6928)
- Times: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital
- Fostoria Community Hospital at 501 Van Buren St in Fostoria, OH - Staff Development Office (419-436-6780)
- Times: Please call for an appointment.
- ProMedica Memorial Hospital (Fremont)
- Memorial Hospital at 715 Taft Ave in Fremont, OH - Staff Development Office (419-332-7321, ext. 323471)
- Times: Please call for an appointment.
- ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital (Fremont)
- Monroe Regional Hospital at 718 North Macomb Street in Monroe, MI - Staff Development Office (734-240-8931)
- Times: Please call for an appointment.
Once you have reviewed the Basic Computer Module and received your ProMedica ID badge, you are ready to access the ProMedica network and complete your EMR training.
You will need to know both your School ID number and your ProMedica ID number for computer access:
- You will use the last four digits of you school ID number during your initial access to our computer systems as well as any time you need to reset a password.
- You will need your ProMedica ID number every time you log into a computer.
- Follow the steps within the Basic Computer Modules to log in and establish your initial password for ProMedica.
- Computer access for students is limited to the educational scope of your learning.
- Please remember the importance of maintaining complete confidentiality in the use of our software. Schools, hospitals and the US Government all have penalties for breach of confidentiality. Your signed attestation is a statement that you understand these responsibilities.
EPIC training for nursing students:
- Nursing students will complete online modules for general information and will receive ongoing support and guidance from their instuctor. Modules must be completed before EPIC security access will be granted. EPIC modules only need to be completed one time.
- First time to a ProMedica facility?
- Complete the EPIC e-learning module. Click here for a guide to locating and completing these modules.
- Please note: the students must have a ProMedica ID number to be able to log into myProMedica and access these modules.
- EPIC Access can take up to 48 (business) hours after module completion and will NOT be active the same day the modules are completed.
- Subsequent time to ProMedica?
- Use same log-in User ID and Password. Don’t forget, you may need to call the IT service desk for password reset if you have been absent from ProMedica for a period of time.
Troubleshooting Computer Access Issues:
EPIC Training Module Issues:
- Assure all pop-up blockers have been disabled
- Assure ProMedica.org is an “allowed” site in the security settings.
- Sometimes a change in computer or location is required due to firewall settings.
- For a very few who still cannot play the module, we will gladly help them get the module completed at a ProMedica computer, so please contact the Center of Nursing Excellence or the Staff Development team at the closest ProMedica hospital.
- If the module will not “submit” at the end, the Center of Nursing Excellence will accept a screen shot of the last slide. Send to email@example.com.
EPIC Access Issue:
- Did you complete the EPIC education modules required?
- Did you hit the submit option once you completed the module?
- Please allow at least 48 (business) hours for activation to occur once we have proof of completion of education.
If you need your password reset or other non-EPIC issues:
- Please start by calling the IT Service Desk.
- This is the direct dial number for the Service Desk for all facilities - 419-291-3646.
- If the helpdesk is unable to assist you please call 419-291-0351 Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whenever calling or emailing for help, be sure to give details about what is happening and what you have already attempted to fix it. Please leave a direct contact number to reach you. Do NOT leave the clinical unit number as the call back will probably be after you have left that setting.
- Please do not place multiple calls to different individuals, as this actually slows down the process.
If you need hospital-specific assistance:
- ProMedica Bay Park – Christy Stilwell (419-690-7668)
- ProMedica Bixby Hospital – Kelly Valdez (517-265-0476)
- ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital – Kristi Mansfield (419-783-6928)
- ProMedica Flower Hospital – Meeghan Davis (419-824-1127))
- ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital – Vanessa Billiot (419-436-6780)
- ProMedica Herrick Hospital – Kelly Valdez (517-265-0476)
- ProMedica Memorial Hospital (Fremont) – Vanessa Billiot – (419-332-7321 ext. 323471)
- ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital - Lisa Gramlich (734-240-8931)
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital – Courtney Goda (419-291-4312)
- ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital – Courtney Goda (419-291-4312)
- ProMedica Wildwood Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital – Amanda Andres (419-578-7143)
Most of our hospitals are extremely busy places. Specific areas have been designated for patients and other visitors to increase their convenience. Please park in the designated student areas at each ProMedica facility. These maps will help you identify the appropriate parking.