Family Medicine Residency - ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital
How to Apply
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program will only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
. Paper applications will not be accepted.
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service Program (ERAS). You must contact your medical school for ensuring delivery of your application, transcript and Dean’s letters and faculty recommendations to our program via the internet. Applications are reviewed by the resident recruitment committee and those applicants who meet or exceed our criteria may be considered for an interview which are scheduled October through December. During interviews, applicants will have an opportunity to meet with our Program Director, faculty, residents and staff.
Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. Our institution does not accept visas.
Please note that the deadline for applying through ERAS is Dec. 1, 2019.
NRMP #: 1530120C0
Program ID#: 1202500719
Required Documents for Application
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores – Competitive academic achievement in USMLE/COMLEX scores will
be given preference and copies of the USMLE/COMLEX test scores must be
forwarded to accompany the application. Preference is given to those applicants
who have passed USMLE Steps 1 and 2/COMLEX level 1 and 2 on the first attempt.
Passing USMLE Step 2 CS/COMLEX Level 2-CE prior to the start of residency is a
requirement of employment.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within 2 years of applying to the program.
- Applicants must have excellent English comprehension, written and speaking skills.
- ECFMG Certificate – International Graduates must include a valid (not expired) copy of the ECFMG certificate with their application, if available or must have valid ECFMG certificate prior to the start of the program.
- Letters of Recommendation – In addition to a Dean’s letter from medical school, three letters of recommendation must be sent through ERAS. These letters should attest to the applicant’s demonstrated interest in family medicine, personal qualifications, and scholastic and clinical abilities.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed beginning mid-October 2019, and will run through mid-December 2019. Those selected will be offered an interview via email from the Residency Program Coordinator.
- In order to be ranked, all applicants must have posted a passing score for USMLE/COMLEX Step 2 prior to the rank order deadline. Inquiries may be directed to the Residency Program Coordinator.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for admission without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is an equal education opportunity institution.
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency
650 Stewart Road
Monroe, MI 48162
Tammi McCourt, Program Coordinator