Toledo Hospital Pharmacy Residency
If you’re looking for a pharmacy residency, we’d like you to consider the ProMedica Toledo Hospital Pharmacy Residency program, established in 2002 as a joint effort between the clinical pharmacists at the family medicine residencies of Toledo Hospital and Flower Hospital. We’re proud to offer a PGY-1 residency that is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Our curriculum is flexible and innovative, and allows many opportunities.
The flexible, innovative curriculum has been designed to provide experience in:
- Academics: teaching certificate in collaboration with the University of Toledo College of Pharmacy
- Applying principles of evidence-based medicine to all aspects of one’s career
- Assisting patients in obtaining medications through Medicare Part D and other patient assistance programs
- Caring for geriatric patients in extended-care facilities
- Educating patients, physicians and pharmacy students
- Hospital care with a primary care team
- Research in a ambulatory care office setting
- Using collaborative practice agreements in an office setting to care for patients with diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension and other common disease states
- Warfarin management
The program is an ASHP accredited PGY-1 pharmacy residency
Applications should be made using the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). The deadline for application is December 30. Please note that we do not accept Visas, and we adhere to a tobacco-free policy.
Tobacco-free Hiring Practice
To foster a healthier workforce, as well as to demonstrate to our patients and the community our strong commitment to health and wellness, as of Jan. 1, 2011, ProMedica will hire only tobacco-free employees. Our application asks about the use of tobacco and nicotine replacement, and candidates will be screened for nicotine before they are hired.
Applicants who declare use or screen positive for nicotine may reapply for a position after they have been tobacco/nicotine-free for 90 days.
Steven R. Smith, MS, RPh, BCACP
ProMedica Toledo Hospital Family Medicine Residency
2051 W. Central Ave.
Toledo, OH 43606