2012-2013 Resident Benefits
First Year Fellows: 20 working days
Second Year Fellows: 20 working days
2012 - 2013 Salary
$66,623 first year, $69,575 second year, 26 paydays per year
Residents may be sponsored at several national and regional conferences. A $7,000 educational allowance is provided each year.
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day; paid worked or not; average 1-2 worked holidays per year.
Benefits by Design
ProMedica Toledo Hospital offers several options for medical insurance under the Flexible Benefits Program. With flexible benefits, residents can design a benefit package that fits their individual family's needs. These include health insurance (hospitalization, physician office visits, laboratory, radiology, prescriptions, etc), dental insurance, life insurance, and disability.
Liability / Malpractice is provided through ProMedica Toledo Hospital's self-insured occurrence policy.
- Employee health services
- Bereavement time
- Discount prescriptions
- Employee assistance program
- BLS and ACLS training
- Lab coats
- Free parking
- Computers designated for resident use with e-mail and Internet access
- Credit union, convenient banking, direct deposit
- Lead Safety equipment
If you have other questions, please feel free to email Dr. Comerota's office or call 1-800-39-JOBST.
The JVI team recognized early on that remote access, minimally invasive procedures had the potential to transform vascular surgery. Therefore, we made a commitment in 1994 to develop the region's leading endovascular program.
- Specially trained vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, vascular nurses, vascular technologists, operating room staff and clinical researchers comprise the Endovascular Team.
- JVI participated in the first endograft trial in the United States, the EVT Ancure device.
- Dr. Hugh G. Beebe, Director Emeritus, JVI, was the national co-principal investigator directing the Vanguard aortic endograft trial to assess the safety and efficacy of straight and bifurcation endografts. JVI was the first institution in the United States to use the Vanguard endograft.
- JVI physicians and researchers are regularly invited around the world to talk about endovascular surgery techniques, patient selection and the latest imaging methods, including computerized 3D imaging from CT scans, 3D ultrasound and intravascular ultrasound.