Flower Hospital Family Medicine Residency
The Flower Hospital Family Medicine Residency is a three-year program offering six PGY1 residency positions each year. If you learn best in a friendly and supportive “family” environment with academic excellence and would like to make a difference in the community as a family physician, we encourage you to apply to our program.
Our residency participants are the only residents on campus, which translates to incredible attention from faculty and a great deal of one-on-one work with attending physicians.
Flower residents will hone their skills in ProMedica Flower Hospital, a 294-bed facility in Sylvania, Ohio, which is accredited by the Joint Commission. The hospital is a Level III emergency trauma center and the regional leader for inpatient adult psychiatric services, as well as the largest provider of radiation oncology in northwest Ohio – thanks to the Hickman Cancer Center. The campus is also home to senior and assisted-living facilities such as Lake Park, ProMedica Goerlich Center for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of elderly dementia, and the Ebeid Hospice Residence.
We encourage residents with a special interest in sports medicine to investigate the Toledo Hospital Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship. Fellows work closely with nationally-recognized Sports Care® physicians to gain clinical exposure to treating athletic injuries.
Our residency is designed to support maximum learning, interaction and supportive relationships in and away from the clinical setting.
- Quality indicators/accreditations
- Resident board pass rate: 98%
- Faculty to resident ratio: 1:4
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Approved RRC full accreditation in 2003
- A leader in pay/benefit packages
- Exclusive residency on campus to allow greater faculty attention, virtually unlimited access to resources, and a wide variety of patient and clinical situations
- Exceptional board-certified physician faculty with a wide range of special interests
- Community-based program within a community hospital
- Special program opportunities
The residency program offered by the Family Physicians Association at Flower Hospital is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).