Heart Care and Cardiovascular Services
To further its commitment to quality care, Flower Hospital has a highly trained cardiac care staff to provide a wide variety of heart-related testing and services. Services available include:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Diagnostic cardiology
- EKG (measuring the heart’s electrical activity)
- Echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart to check mechanical activity)
- Stress tests (stressing the heart to see how it handles the stress; six different types are available to meet your physician’s requests)
- Holter monitoring (24 - 48 hour EKG recording to a digital monitor)
- Event monitoring (30 days of EKG recording to a digital monitor)
Call 419-824-1231 for more information about heart care at Flower Hospital, or learn more about heart and vascular services at ProMedica.
Flower Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation
The cardiac rehabilitation program at Flower Hospital is committed to helping you improve your cardiovascular health. The program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. A primary goal of the cardiac rehab program is to help you develop healthy behaviors that will become a way of life and improve your overall health.
A team of experienced professionals will assist you in the development of an individualized cardiac rehabilitation program if you have recently experienced a cardiac event or have been identified as needing to reduce your cardiac risk factors. Your program will consist of the following:
- Functional physical evaluation by a cardiac-trained exercise therapist
- Personalized exercise prescription
- Continuous EKG heart monitoring during exercise
- Group education
- Individualized risk factor modification
- Ongoing contact with physicians involved in your care
- Individual and group emotional support
- Discharge evaluation and recommendations
Either you or your physician may schedule your appointments for outpatient cardiac rehab. A written physician referral is required. Medicare and most health insurance providers may cover the cost of a cardiac rehab program. Please call ahead to verify your coverage. If you do not have insurance coverage and cannot afford the services, please contact the cardiac rehab staff to discuss other options. Connect with cardiac rehabilitation services at 419-824-1248.