Dementia Practitioner Certification
Dementia is a progressive brain dysfunction resulting in a restriction of daily activities and, in most cases, leads to the need for long-term care. In today’s healthcare environment and with a large aging population, it is crucial for healthcare providers to know the best practices for caring for people who suffer from this disease.
Fortunately, healthcare providers in our community now have the ability to be specially trained to treat and care for people with dementia.
Take the path to certification as a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners now offered by ProMedica Goerlich Center. The Goerlich Center is:
- Named as one of the top 10 skilled nursing facilities in the state of Ohio by the Scripps Gerontology Center.
- Long standing deficiency-free clinical survey history.
- The facility currently maintains a 5 star CMS rating on Nursing Home Compare.
- The Goerlich Center team in comprised of numerous Certified Dementia Practitioners, including several Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainers who are available for educational seminars.
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care seminar modules cover a range of topics including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, communication, depression, wandering, and aggressive behaviors.
The price for this seminar is $250 per person and includes:
- Full day of training, 7.5 CEUs
- Materials binder
Early bird pricing is applicable for those enrolling and paying 30 days or more in advance. Early bird pricing is $230 per person.
Do you have a large group interested in a seminar? We also offer customized training sessions for groups of six or more. Call our office for more details.
The seminar will be held at Flower Hospital in Sylvania, Ohio.
For more information or to register, call 419-824-6448 and select option 2. You may also register by completing the form below.
This is the required seminar for those pursuing CDP certification and who qualify through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Interested in signing up for a seminar?
To register, please fill out the form below. Someone from our team will contact you within two business days to finalize payment and complete your registration. To help us serve you, please have a credit card or e-check available during this time.