8 Ways to Eat Smarter with Cancer
As part of your cancer treatment, your physician and other members of your cancer support team will outline nutritional needs unique to your medical circumstances. What you eat will vary by the type and stage of your cancer, the medicines and treatments you are receiving, and your overall treatment plan.
There are general rules to follow and actions to take regarding nutrition and cancer when you partner with the ProMedica Cancer Institute:
- Follow the recommendations outlined by your physician very closely. This includes types of food, quantity to consume and even times of day.
- Maintain a record of your food and liquid intake (types of food, amounts, time of data) to share with your physician and other care providers.
- Share your dietary and nutritional restrictions with friends and family so they can be knowledgeable and supportive along your journey.
- Make notes regarding any change in how food tastes or your digestive functions and share that information with your physician.
- Subscribe to the ProMedica Cancer Institute newsletter, which includes stories and reminders about food and cancer.
- Visit ProMedica HealthConnect to increase your knowledge and join conversations about cancer and nutrition.
- Watch and subscribe to nutrition-related videos on ProMedica’s cancer channel at YouTube.
- “Like” ProMedica Cancer Institute’s Facebook page, where you can stay current on news, events and nutrition services and tips.