eLearning Childbirth Education
Pregnancy is a very special time, but it can also be overwhelming. Studies have shown that being educated in the process of birth can reduce stress and help expecting parents achieve a healthy and positive birth experience. While nothing can take the place of a live classroom experience, many parents to-be cannot attend conventional classes due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts, time constraints, or other personal situations.
ProMedica is pleased to offer an eLearning Childbirth Education program that provides a convenient alternative for expecting moms and dads. This web-based program uses animated illustrations, videos and interactive activities to guide you through the basics of childbirth, breastfeeding and caring for your baby.
You can rest comfortably knowing you will receive complete education in a personalized format from the comfort of your own home. And if at any time during the process you have questions about the content, a childbirth education coordinator will be available to help.
- Check out a free demo of the program.
- Register online.
- After registering, a member of our staff will contact you via telephone to obtain payment information. Cost is $95 and includes access to the education module and program handbook. Please note: If you plan to deliver your baby at a non-ProMedica hospital, please add $15 to the course cost.
- Following receipt of payment, we will send you a program handbook and a code to access the class. Please note: If you haven’t received this information within two weeks of registering, please contact us at 419-291-5666.
From there, you will have eight weeks to complete the education at your own pace – when it’s convenient for you.
- After registering for eLearning, enter your access code.
For questions or more information, please contact us at 419-291-5666 or email@example.com.
To access the eLearning system, please note the following system requirements:
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Approximately 512MB RAM
- 1 Ghz processor (recommended)
- Pop-ups turned “on”
- Java enabled
- Latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox or Safari
- High-speed Internet access