At St. Luke’s Hospital, we're committed to making you and your visitors as comfortable as possible during your stay. We'll make sure that you have access to the accommodations and services that are important in your life and in lives of your loved ones. Please learn more about the patient and visitor amenities listed below.
Maintaining a safe and comfortable environment
We recognize that visits from family members and friends are important to patients. A limited number of visits at certain times can contribute to the patient's recovery. We also understand that it is natural for individuals to be concerned about loved ones who have been hospitalized.
Remember, patients may feel anxious. For some being in the hospital is a new experience. For others, although they have been hospitalized before, their illness may pose unfamiliar problems. Please keep in mind that total health involves physical, mental and spiritual needs. Be a good visitor, and help us maintain a safe and comfortable environment for both our patients and guests.
- Visitors may be asked to leave if they are disturbing patients.
- Do not leave children unattended
- Speak softly, and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Respect the patient. Always knock first on the door, even if it's open. Announce yourself. If there is a roommate, be considerate and do not make loud noises.
- Chairs are provided for the comfort of visitors. Please do not sit on the patient's bed.
- Keep visits brief so others may visit. Brief visits are not as tiring to patients.
- Discourage friends and family from visiting if they have colds or other infectious diseases. If you're not sure, talk with a nurse before visiting.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the patient receives treatment from a doctor or nurse.
- Most patients are on special diets while in the hospital. Outside food is not always good for them. They should only eat food prepared for them by the hospital. Always check with the nurse or the registered dietitian before bringing special foods from home.
- Children 12 and older are considered adults for visiting purposes.
Free parking is available for visitors in designated lots in front of the hospital near the Visitors Entrance. Please do not park in the Outpatient Center or Emergency Department areas.
Cell phones, pagers and PDAs may be used in lobby areas on the first floor, in most family waiting rooms and in the cafeteria. Watch for signs in restricted areas.
For your health, St. Luke's Hospital, along with all the hospitals of northwest Ohio, is an entirely tobacco-free environment. Please, do not smoke or use tobacco of any kind anywhere on St. Luke's campus.
We invite you to visit our gift shops. The St. Luke's Hospital Auxiliary operates them and donates the proceeds to benefit patient care.
St. Luke's Hospital Gift Shop
Gifts, collectibles, books, magazines, snacks, flowers
- Location: Main lobby
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 7 am to 8 pm; Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm; Sunday, noon to 5 pm
- Payment: MasterCard, VISA, Discover, cash, checks
Coffee, muffins, snacks, magazines
- Location: Outpatient Center lobby
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 7 am to 3 pm
- Payment: Cash, checks