• Ways to Give
  • Job Opportunities
  • Patient Portal
Decrease (-) Restore Default Increase (+)
Print    Email
Search Health Information   

Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Including headache and fatigue

(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Having a headache.
  • Feeling tired.
  • Feeling shortness of breath.
  • Having nausea.
  • Feeling dizzy.
  • Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.

If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.


Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.

Specialty: