Who Should Be Referred
Patients who would benefit from a referral to Ohio Hearing and Balance Institute include those with:
- Vertigo or dizziness not responsive to the usual form of medical management, whether acute or chronic
- Dizziness or vertigo accompanied by hearing changes, sounds in the ears, or headaches
- Dizziness or unsteadiness that occurs with quick movements of the head or body
- Severe, disabling dizziness without obvious explanation
- History of one or more falls due to vertigo or dizziness, especially in the older adult
- Significant dizziness problems despite normal balance testing
- Dizziness after chemotherapy or other drug therapy
- Dizziness due to injury or accident
Our referral process
Patients must receive a referral from a primary care physician or specialist. To assist you in the referral process and better serve your patient, please print and complete the referral form and fax it to 419-972-0016. We will contact your patient to schedule the consultation and will notify you of the appointment date. You can expect to receive a complete review of the consultation.
For any questions, please call our office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 to 5 pm. We thank you for your referral and look forward to working with you and your patient.
St. Luke's participates in most managed care and commercial insurance plans, and offers the convenience of online bill payment.
For more information, please call Patient Accounts at 419-893-5937.
Managed care and insurance plans