To address the growing need for autism services in our community, ProMedica partnered with other local autism support agencies to create a community autism center, enhancing convenience and access to autism-related services. Conveniently located off the expressway across from the campus of ProMedica Toledo Hospital, the Autism Center is a place for families to come and seek support, resources and services to enhance the lives of those affected by autism.
The center is made up of six organizations committed to working together to set standards to diagnose early, offer options for individualized interventions and provide continued care and support. These organizations include:
- Autism Early Learning Program: provides intensive behavioral services for children with autism from diagnosis to six years.
- Great Lakes Collaborative for Autism: connects local autism service agencies including healthcare organizations, universities, community groups, and parents to improve access to services and provide care for individuals and families affected by autism.
- Harbor: provides diagnosis and counseling services and parent/child interactive training.
- iTaalk: offers families and school districts recommendations for touch tablets and interactive apps, connects families with fi nancial assistance to obtain touch tablets, and provides training to use the apps.
- Self Reliance Center: offers afterschool and summer programs for individuals with autism ages 12 to 22, including tutoring, assistance with meeting iEP goals, vocational skills, daily living skills, social skills, and personal fitness.
- Special Kids Therapy: provides a safe, multi-sensory playspace for children with special needs as well as provides scholarship support to assist with costs that are not covered by insurance. To learn more about autism services available at the Autism Center, call 419-291-7031.
Get directions to the Autism Center, located at 2040 W. Central Ave., Toledo, Ohio 43606.
To learn more about autism services available at the Autism Center, call 419-291-7031.