Social Media Participation Guidelines
What we ask of you…
We look forward to engaging with you and helping answer questions or generally improve the health status of our communities. We are all stronger and will build better communities as we collaborate and cooperate together. With that in mind, here are a few general, common sense guidelines we all should follow when having an online conversation.
- Treat everyone with respect, even if there is a disagreement.
- Do not post material that could be an infringement on the rights of others.
- ProMedica reserves the right to delete postings, or block users, that it deems to be slanderous, obscene, soliciting, or threatening.
- These are public forums, so please be careful when posting any information about your personal medical care.
- Web-based information provided by ProMedica is intended for educational purposes only. The information should not be seen as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- In addition, ProMedica will not post advertisements or solicitations of business, chain letters or pyramid schemes, or post the same note more than once.
Our commitment to you…
In using social media as a way to have a conversation with you, we at ProMedica are committed to…
- Be accurate and factual with the information we provide.
- Be respectful in our communication.
- Be as timely as possible in our responses.
- Maintain patient confidentiality. We will not share patient information and will maintain compliance with HIPAA and policies related to patient health information, privacy, security and safety.
- Listen. We want to hear what you have to say.
- Add clarity to conversations.
- Maintain the values of ProMedica in any conversation including collaboration, compassion, excellence, integrity and stewardship.