Midlife Center for Women’s Health
At ProMedica, we’re honored to care for women throughout their lives. When you’re transitioning from your reproductive years to menopause to post-menopause, we’re here for you with excellent care, support and education as you face the challenges that come with such a significant progression.
Our caring team of experts at our Midlife Center for Women’s Health will assess your health, history, symptoms and risk and will then work with you to create a personalized plan that addresses your needs. Here are examples of the issues we address:
- Fertility issues (available at Flower Hospital campus)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Sleep disturbances
- Depression, anxiety, mood disorders
- Pelvic pain
- Vaginal changes, dryness, infections, tissue thinning
- Sexual dysfunction, decreased desire, pain with intercourse
- Urinary problems, frequency, incontinence
- Bone loss, osteopenia, osteoporosis
- Weight management, exercise, lifestyle changes
- Cardiovascular disease (hypertension, heart attack and stroke)
- Cancer (breast, skin, uterine, cervical, ovarian, colon/rectal, and others)
- Hormone replacement, including bioidenticals (available at Herrick Hospital locaiton)
To learn more, simply download our Midlife Center for Women’s Health brochure. If you’re interested in making an appointment, consider downloading our menopause health questionnaire and bring this with you to your appointment along with blood work results, if you have them.
Vitamin D and Menopause
While vitamin D is helpful for all women, it is particularly important when you’re in menopause. It helps the body absorb calcium, maintain healthy bones and prevent osteoporosis. In fact, new benefits are being discovered every day, such as improved mood, increased energy, better hormone performance, reduced inflammation, cancer and heart disease prevention, and more. Download our vitamin D and menopause brochure.