First let us say, “Congratulations!” on your pregnancy. What a wonderful and exciting time this is. Quite often, pregnancies are textbook, with little or no complications. However, there are instances where the mother or baby are considered high-risk, and we at the maternal-fetal medicine department at ProMedica Toledo Hospital are here to provide the highest level of care to ensure you and your baby have the best outcome possible.
Our multidisciplinary team will co-manage your care with your OB/Gyn. Our doctors are available 24 hours a day and the maternal fetal-medicine department also includes nurses who specialize in maternal-fetal medicine, genetic counselors, certified diabetic educators and dieticians. You’ll also have access to certified nurse midwives, a perinatal social worker, neonatologists, lactation consultants, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, and parent instructors.
We care for moms-to-be who are experiencing:
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal bleeding
- Cardiac problems
Additional services include:
- High-risk pregnancy evaluation
- Consultation services to help identify problems and potential treatment options
- 3D/4D ultrasound
- Genetic ultrasound
- Fetal therapy
- Prevention and management of prematurity
- Special attention to those with pregnancy options
- Transportation of high-risk maternity patients and newborns via a fleet of helicopters equipped with mobile ICUs in conjunction with Toledo Hospital’s obstetrics and labor and delivery departments
When your baby arrives, you’ll find comfort in knowing that the Toledo Children’s Hospital newborn ICU, in conjunction with Toledo Hospital obstetrics and labor and delivery departments, is licensed by the Ohio Department of Health as a Level III regional perinatal unit. This accreditation is the highest level possible and means we are able to care for the most high-risk patients.