Adult Day Care
Many seniors want to retain the independence of living in their homes. We appreciate that. But we also know that sometimes living at home can be socially isolating for seniors. It also can be emotionally and physically draining on caregivers – especially when providing care for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia. That’s why we’re happy to offer adult day care. Adult day care is not only uplifting and stimulating for participants, it also gives caretakers a well-deserved break.
Adult Day Care at ProMedica Goerlich Center
ProMedica Goerlich Center’s adult day care program provides all the services of ProMedica Goerlich Center, with the exception of an overnight stay. Adult day care is available 365 days a year and utilizes licensed nurses and state-tested nursing assistants to administer all medications. The center also has a full-time medical director specialized in neurology and provides compassionate and excellent care to patients in all stages of the disease process. In fact, functional ability is not necessary for admission.
Services also include:
- Secure, enclosed courtyards where patients can safely enjoy the outdoors.
- Appropriate daily activities.
- Cameras at all exits.
- A wheelchair-accessible bus for off-site activities.
- Meals and snacks which accommodate special dietary needs.
- Employees specifically trained to care for patients with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Permanent staff assigned to each unit.
- An on-site beauty shop (additional fee).
- Assistance with showers twice per week (additional fee).
- Wellness assessments every three hours.
- Engaging activities such as scenic drives, baking, hand massages and more.
For more information on compassionate adult day care for seniors who may or may not have Alzheimer’s or dementia, please call 419-824-1250